Monday 10 October 2011

体育の日 Weekend, Tokishi's Undoukai


 


 Remember what I said about the name plate? aha, well never mind. Look what my host mum made for me!



<><>
<>
looklook at the cute autumn scene with big ben in teh background! xD
a preying mantis outside the house



SO, went to the cinema's today and had some Tacoyaki in Osaka!  They are surprisingly easy to make, and delicious. The city is so clean and apparently the people there walk the fastest than anywhere else in the world. I also got introduced to the largest book store in Osaka called  Kinokuniya. Thanks, Kei ^^

tacoyaki lit. means 'fried octopus' :-P dad should be proud of me
I spent the day before today at the Midosuji Kappo festival with Caroline, which I failed to take a lot of photos of because it was mostly for children and didn't have much appeal to us. The drum performance was a bit amazing, and we found a really cheap hyaku yen manga shop where we brought some japanese books to practice our reading skills. It was a good day, lots of walking, until I put Caroline on the wrong train home -_- sorry !

(For those going to Kansai area Jpaan, this site is great to get to know what's going on in the nearest city: http://www.kansaiscene.com/ )



we saw several dogs dressed up like this,but  I only got this shot of one


My favourate one was a little dog wearing shoes and a jumper. You get all sorts of people in england too, though. This was just too cute a pic to miss.





And the day before this, the Saturday, I got up at 8 to watch Tokishi's Undoukai, a sports day the likes of which we have never seen back in England! The music, the colours, the cute-ness levels were off the charts!


the soundtrack included oliver twist, jurassic park, some anime theme tunes and  battle drums


the dances were colourful and very entertaining


otousan and tokishi

this is my vegetarian bento for the lunch break.
the six year olds gave a great performance!

okaasan got up at 5AM to make this! %AM!




 And the weather was too hot for tights, but I'm sick of being bitten on my legs by mozzies so they were a neccessity.


Overall, it was pretty awesome.




tokishi and okaasan, peeling chestnuts

Also, you see that little cake in the bottom left hand corner of the pic? My host mum offered me some after dinner to which I replied of course, I love cake! She then told me she had to wait 3 months for it to become available because it's so popular, that she had to make an appointment, that the queue was so long she had to wait an hour to get her share! After driving an hour to Koyama to buy this cake (amoung other things) I decided to pay attension to  what I was eating, and I must admit it was a beautiful dessert. Not too sweet, perfect cream, really soft and fluffy.  I can see why it's famous - but 3 months?! The heck-?




Btw have I mentioned the Inushishi's that chill out at the little river I see on my way to uni everyday? Well, I finally took a picture of them:
`
Inushishi (wild boars) sometimes wander down from the forests by Konan



And that was my weekend. The Monday I spent with Kei in Osaka was a national holiday called ' taiiku no hi (athletics day)'. Hardly any studying got done, but I think this was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment