Tuesday 27 December 2011

Xmas Parties and December Light Ups

Last entry was Autumn where everyone went to see the leaves change colour, a month later and in December everyone went to the light ups around Kansai.

Kyoto, Arashiyama - the bamboo forest light up


Kobe Illuminations

Christmas shopping in Osaka, Honmachi
The Ryuugakusei had a Christmas Party at Sensei's house on the 16th, where everyone had a little job to do. The design of the invitations I made were used as a theme for the chocolate christmas cake our president made:  





There was ample food and drink: sushi, cakes, wraps, crisps, noodles, hot chocolate, beer and wine...too much to eat and drink in one go! Everyone had to take food back with them. The decorations and the music was good, everyone did they're job well I think, I love how they went all out, why can't we English go through so much effort?

The present swapping game was fun, where you can either choose one or steal someone elses (and they choose another one)...I ended up with a DVD, Amy ended up with a dirty doujinshi! The sensei's joined in, and later Christmas carols.



Pomai on clean up duty - everyone did they're jobs so well >.<

Another Christmas party was had at my part time job at the women's university, with quizzes and games and songs :


Another party was that of Suyun's host brother, where we had a nomi/tabe houdai (all you can eat and drink)at a Cubian themed (?) resturant and got entertained by some dancers who got everyone up and moving and a singing cross dresser. Later we found a club to get into for free.

the cross dresser
birthday boy challenging the dancers moves

Also, guys, the German Markets came to Japan! 
It has become something of an annual tradition for me to go to the German markets wrapped up in a fat coat with friends for some beautiful mulled wine and for the general christmassy feel - I'm glad I didn't miss out on it this year! And at the recommendation of Kei we later went for an Irish Curry! Perfect :-D



The German Market at the Umeda Sky Building, Osaka





I feel like too many good things are happening to me all at once. Espeically this year, which I'm dubbing the 'the year where a lot has happened' in my diary. Next entry of dedicating entirely to my trip to Tokyo! Which was epic in itself.  Even though it's over now, hope everyone else had a very happy christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment