Monday 5 September 2011

flights, trains and udon in osaka

It's 5AM and I'm wide a wake, and every website I click on right now translates the page into Japanese even though I'm on my own laptop.

I'm going to catch the train back to Kansai Airport later to meet the other Konan students. I am both excited and sick with nerves ~

The airport goodbyes were fairly anticlimatic ~ I was expecting to get there late, that there would be a lot of sorting weight between suitcases and stress or something important forgotten, but once I'd asserted that it was Birmingham we were flying from and NOT London as I'd been telling everyone, it was like being handed a bucketful of time. I woke up late, had breakfast, got to the airport early and suddenley I was in Dubai. And a sleep later, Japan!

We had wing seats at the front, which is great, until Paul had a little girl kicking the back of him :P heh.
Emirates is pretty snazzy, there were lots of the meal and there was good tv on.

Paul got us tickets to Shinimamya Station, and after a few mintues of pondering which way to Hotel Taiyo a nice Japanese couple practically held our hand to it's doorstep. First night in Japan and already I feel welcome!

Paul in front of Hotel Taiyo

Futon! ^^

 We went for a little walk up Osaka for some food, and so many bikes! All unchained, too.They don't need chains because even theives have bikes, probably, and thats why there aren't many fat Japanese people. Bikes.


One piece merch is everywhere! ><



After some Tempura Udon and Onigiri, we came back to Taiyo Hotel and I had a shower. I also went to the loo for the first time in Japan:

"Big one or Small one"

I think that middle one washes my bum for me...

It was fun trying to find the 'flush' option.

No comments:

Post a Comment